Mobile App Industry Overview
Freemium and in-app advertising are dominating Mobile App revenue growth, at 211% and 56%, YoY respectively in 2015-2016. Conversely, paid and paidmium apps have seen their revenues decline 29% and 23%. The freemium model is particularly dominant in the games category, and offers a unique value proposition with the ability to monetize functionality, usage, and user experience in particular. In-app advertising revenue is largely dependent on finding the right format for users and striking an appropriate balance between monetizing through app stores and monetizing through in-app advertising.
Looking ahead, the U.S. should remain the leading source of mobile app-related revenue with 3.5x growth from 2013-2017. App downloads are expected to increase from 111.2 billion in 2015 to a whopping 284.3 billion in 2020. As app downloads and usage grows, advertising should reap the benefits, closing a gap between time spent in media and overall ad spends (24% vs. 8%, respectively).
Top 7 Mobile App Industry Trends
- Small Business App Development
- Location Based Services (LBS)
- Augmented reality & Utility App Integration
- Android Instant Apps
- Artificial Intelligence
- IoT Apps
- Mobile Security
How big is the Mobile App market opportunity?
The number of worldwide mobile app downloads has grown exponentially since 2009.
Mobile app revenue growth as surpassed mobile and PC browser-based ads (advertising growth stands at 1.6x for in-app advertising vs. 1.1x for PC’s), a trend largely being driven by gains in device adoption and increased revenue per device.
Why do you need a Mobile App business plan?
- Get organized operationally
- Get your financial forecast and budget in place
- Get a bank loan
- Raise capital from: friends & family, angel investors, venture capital, private equity
- Recruit key managers and employees
Top 10 PlanIt Business Mobile App Business Plans:
- Social Networking Mobile App Business Plan
- Gaming Mobile App Business Plan
- Music Mobile App Business Plan
- Lifestyle Mobile App Fuels Business Plan
- Sports Mobile App Business Plan
- Education Mobile App Business Plan
- Delivery Mobile App Business Plan
- Buy, Sell, Trade Mobile App Business Plan
- Personal Assistant Mobile App Business Plan
- Travel Mobile App Business Plan
Why you should engage PlanIt Business to write your Mobile App business plan?
- We have been writing customized business plans since 1996
- Our business plans are written with a call to action – they position your company best to “Ask” for something, whether it is capital, a joint venture, other partnership, etc.
- Our business plans help our clients raise $15 – $20 million annually and over $20 billion an aggregate since 1996
- Our team is comprised of experienced investment bankers, venture capitalists and C-level executives from Fortune 500 companies with MBAs from the top schools
- We are entrepreneurs like you – been there, done that.
With PlanIt Business’s clear business plan writing process, you can rest easy that your technology business plan will fit your unique needs. We also supply more than just business plans. We are your objective, third party consultants with the business and financial experience you need to succeed. We know how businesses work and we create all of our business plans in-house.
Anyone can “write” a business plan, but that does not mean that it is going to convince an investor. Our experience in the financial world allows us to craft plans that actually speak to investors and banks.
We also provide exclusive, free access to our Business Plan Gallery. This resource allows you to upload your finished business plan into our gallery where it is visible to our network of investors. This is your direct link to the capital you need.
Let us tell your story. Contact us today for your technology business plan quote by filling out our form or calling us at 800-894-0828.